Dr. Maso has been practicing full time at Westwood Dermatology since 1990. She treats individuals of all ages, and her particular areas of interest include:
- Diagnosis of skin cancers and precancerous lesions through a careful and thorough examination of the skin
- Treatment of contact dermatitis
- Treatment of complicated and treatment resistant acne
- Treatment of recalcitrant warts
- Treatment of skin, hair and nail conditions encompassing all ages of the life cycle
- Laser hair removal using Palomar Vectus Laser
- Sclerotherapy for unsightly leg veins
- Phototherapy (narrow band) for treatment of psoriasis and responsive conditions
- Excimer Laser for treatment of psoriasis.
Dr. Maso is a member of the Bergen County Medical Society, the Medical Society of New Jersey, the New Jersey Dermatological Society, the American Academy of Dermatology, of which she is a Fellow, and the American College of Preventive Medicine. She is an Assistant Clinical Professor Of Dermatology at Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center in New York City.
Dr. Maso is the Chief of the Division of Dermatology at HUMC at Pascack Valley.
Since 1991, Dr. Maso has collaborated with the Hillsdale Health Department by volunteering at borough sponsored annual skin cancer screenings.
Dr. Maso earned a B.S. degree with Honors in Nutritional Science from Cornell University in 1977. She subsequently studied nutrition and environmental health at the University of Michigan, where she earned her Master's Degree in Public Health in 1980. Dr. Maso graduated from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School in 1986, and went on to complete her Dermatology Residency at Columbia University - College of Physicians and Surgeons in 1990. She is Board Certified in both Dermatology and Occupational Medicine.